On Thursday, June 15, Citizens for Regional Transit will be observing the 12th annual National Dump the Pump Day.
To spread information about public transit as well as other options such as biking, walking, and carpooling, CRT will join several local organizations in hosting Dump the Pump Day information tables:
- Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is at Allen/Medical Campus Station, 7:00 – 10:00 a.m., with coffee and street musicians
- Go Buffalo-Niagara/the Greater Buffalo-Niagara Regional Transportation Council is at Lafayette Square Station, 7:00 – 10:00 a.m., with breakfast, literature, and stickers
- GO bike Buffalo is at Hostel Buffalo Niagara, 667 Main Street, 7:00 – 10:00 a.m., on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 14, with breakfast followed by a ride
- Citizens for Regional Transit is at Church Street Station, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., with literature and maps.
Stop by at any of these events for more information about transportation alternatives. Sign the pledge to dump the pump on June 15 and do good for the environment, your budget, personal health, schedule, and regional traffic: https://goo.gl/DDJDTA.
In an effort to encourage more people to try biking as a commuting option and to participate in Bike to Work Day on May 19, local commuters will have the opportunity to join “Bike Trains” to ride to work on the Medical Campus with a group instead of on their own.
The BNMC, in collaboration with GObike Buffalo, have designated four meeting locations for interested bicyclists to meet and ride a designated route with experienced riders in time to join the Bike to Work Day breakfast to be held on the Medical Campus on Friday, May 19th.
Where are the trains starting from?
- MLK Park at 7:45 am with Henry Raess, GObike Buffalo Event Manager
- LaSalle Station at 8:00 am with Bill Smith, Director of Access for Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- City Hall at 8:15 am with Justin Booth, Director of GObike Buffalo
- Ferry and Richmond Avenue at 8:15 am with Jen White, Executive of Reddy Bikeshare
How do I participate?
Sign up at bit.ly/2paStPz and meet your group between 7:30 am and 8:30 am on the morning of May 19.
What if I don’t have a bike?
Riders can bring their own bikes or take advantage of the Reddy Bikes that will be available at each meet up location.
I’ve never commuted by bike, is that okay?
The bike trains are intended to encourage less experienced riders to try commuting by bike with others and to create a sense of camaraderie on Bike to Work Day.
What happens at the breakfast?
The Bike to Work Day celebration will include a light breakfast, bike portraits, and short celebration at the pocket park located at Ellicott Street and North Oak Street on the Medical Campus beginning at 7:00 AM. GObike Buffalo will provide free minor bike repairs and adjustments for riders on site. Bike storage is available across the street at North Oak and Ellicott or at the many bike racks throughout Campus. Medical Campus employees are also eligible for free Reddy Bike share memberships and can sign up by emailing email@example.com.
Bike to Work Day is just one of many Bike Month events and activities to celebrate and encourage biking. A full list of activities can be found at www.gobikebuffalo.org.
The BNMC is offering free week-long transit passes to encourage employees to test out this commuting option. With the Allen Medical Campus Station located in the heart of our Campus, and park and rides available throughout the region, taking Metro to work has never been easier. To select a week in May to try transit for free, please complete this short form.
Reddy Bikeshare on the Medical Campus
We’re pleased to announce the launch of two Reddy bikeshare locations on the Medical Campus, including in the pocket park at the corner of N. Oak and Ellicott Streets (up & running), and at the intersection of High and Ellicott Streets (coming soon). With 200 bikes in the City of Buffalo and more than 35 locations to lock up for free, bikeshare offers easy access to all of our city’s hot spots, including more than 100 restaurants of various culinary tastes & other amenities within a 15 minute bike ride of the Medical Campus. Sign up here to claim one of 250 free annual memberships being offered to Campus employees by the BNMC.